Saturday, May 23, 2009

Day 1 - Love is Patient

Resolve to say nothing negative to your spouse. If the temptation arises choose to say nothing.

This morning the kids let us sleep in late. It was about 8:30 am when we finally woke up. Without saying a word both of us used the bathroom. While I was in the bathroom my husband came down and surprised us with making us breakfast. I told him thank you and gave him a little kiss. I started to do our laundry while he cooked us french toast and coffee. After he fed the kids and me, he had to go to work. I again said, "thank you" and gave him a kiss before he left the room to go into the basement. A very pleasant morning.

In the afternoon he came up and suggested he would cook us a BBQ dinner. I don't use the BBQ. That's his job. So I said will you go to the store to get some meat to grill and he actually said yes. It's been months or maybe years since we went grocery shopping together. We put the kids in the scrunchie playhouse and off we went shopping together. It was a fast trip but enjoyable as we looked at pricing of items and tried to get the best deals. Did I mention I went to the store with no coupons? We did manage to save $20 in price plus though.

At home we cooked together. He prepared the meat and I cut up the veggies. Each time while passing each other we kissed and one time I gave him a high-five telling him that it was great teamwork and I enjoyed the day. While he grilled, I watered our veggie garden and the kids enjoyed some time on the swings. He did get a bit inpatient when the kids were fighting and raising their voices outside. I bit my tongue and let him scold them. While deep inside I wanted to say, see this is what I go through each and every day. Welcome to my world. But I kept quiet and just enjoyed him taking control for a change.

All in all it was a great day and nothing I would have done differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment